Before we can tread the path of soul healing, there are two important questions to be answered.The first is pretty obvious; what is soul? The second is a little more complex; why does the soul need healing?
Let’s get these questions answered.
What is Soul?
• Soul, is that immaterial (non-matter) part of the human being, which is immortal and forms the essence of life.
• The important words in the above 家庭輔導服務 definition are, ‘Immaterial’ and ‘Immortal.
• Immaterial, means that the soul is intangible. It cannot be seen, touched, felt or measured.
• Immortal, means the soul does not die. If you’ve ever heard or even used the term ‘passed away’ or ‘passing away’, in connection with someone’s death, what it actually means, is that the body is dead but the soul (which is immortal), has passed onward.
• Since the soul is intangible and not something we can track, (except when it leaves the body!) there is no way of knowing where the soul goes. But one thing is certain, it is the fundamental requirement of life, the very source, without which, man cannot be alive.
• In various mythological and religious concepts, it is believed that the soul cannot be made impure. The soul cannot be hurt or even created or destroyed.
There is a well-known stanza in the religious text, Bhagvad Gita, where the Hindu God Sri Krishna, tells Arjun that the soul never dies. Just like man changes clothes, discarding the first and wearing a new one; the soul too merely changes bodies. Even in science, it is one of the most debated and yet agreed upon fact that the soul is the only thing, which when leaves the body, a person is dead in all senses.
When we talk of people who suffer from multiple organ failure or are brain dead, but still alive, we are in fact, talking of the existence of the soul in the body. Till the soul leaves, there is life.
Why does the soul need healing?
From the above explanation, we can conclude that the soul cannot be affected by human intervention. The soul is absolutely beyond human force. Then the question arises, why does the soul need healing?
• The soul may not be hurt the way the body is hurt, but the soul is often injured in experience. Like the mind, the soul too is affected by what we go through in life. But since it is non-matter, we cannot measure the pain or hurt.
• In order to be in line with our true selves and to be the best version of ourselves, the soul needs nurturing. It needs to be healed from all the negative experiences and be brought on track to live positively.
• Soul healing is different from traditional psychotherapy, where the focus is purely on healing the pain that stops one from living life to the best of ones abilities.
• Soul healing is a step ahead. When we talk of soul healing, we talk of a combination of psycho-spiritual healing, whereby a person can live the optimum life and be on the best track for highest achievement.